The Calgary Film Centre and SAIT Film and Video Production program is pleased to be offering an exciting workshop on lighting, grip, and the basics of green screen visual effects on November 25 and 26, 2017.
This two day workshop, with the participation of industry experts in lighting, grip, cinematography, and visual effects will cover:
Day One (09:00 – 5:00 pm)
- how the Cinematographer, Gaffer, and Key Grip work as a team to light a scene in a free-standing set
- how to rig lighting and grip equipment safely and effectively when using a free-standing set
- lighting a free-standing set
Day Two (10:00 – 4:00 pm)
- how to light a green screen for visual effects
- the process of doing an effective green screen composite shot
There will be a pre-built, free-standing set for workshop participants to use, courtesy of the Calgary Film Centre.
Your instructors will be:
- Tim Dutchak, Gaffer, IATSE Local 212
- TBD, Key Grip, IATSE Local 212
- Rick Garbutt, Director of Photography, IATSE Local 669
- Ken Bitz, Solid Green Inc, Calgary
The Calgary Film Centre is located at #10, - 5750 76th Ave SE, Calgary.
To attend the workshop, you must be currently registered at a post secondary institution studying film and television. Please register your attendance for this workshop with the Calgary Film Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Calgary Film Centre at 403-220-7870